Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 7 - Cork, Ireland

Our last day in Cork was spent, unfortunately, mostly inside. Mother Nature decided not to accommodate us and made it rain for most of the day. We ended up going to see a movie at the cinema (saw Snow White and the Huntsman which was great by the way) and then, since it wasn't raining anymore, we simply walked around the city. We even found a small Tim Hortons kiosque!

In the evening, a local friend met with us for a couple goodbye drinks. I really did not like saying goodbye, although I am convince it's not really a goodbye but more of a "see you later".

I can honestly say that I have fallen in love with Ireland. The nature, the history, the people here are simply amazing. One thing I will never forget, is how much of a warm welcome we received here. The Irish are definitely what makes this country a great one.

Until next time, slan!

 

 

No comments: