Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 4 - Blarney, Ireland

What an experience day 4 was. I finally got to kiss the Blarney stone! This was THE one tourist attraction I wanted to do in Ireland and it was so much more than I was expecting. I actually got teary eyed went I finally saw the castle, something I did not expect. I felt like a little kid in a candy store. We got to kiss the stone, see the amazing Blarney house, go on an adventure under the castle ( I got to play Indiana Jones for a few minutes), visit a poisonus garden (I saw plants from Harry Potter!!!) and went on a walk through the forest.

I loved everything about Blarney! Even though there was a huge line to get to the stone, it still went by so fast since it goes through the castle and there are so many little rooms to discover. The stairs going up were kind of scary, but in a good way. They were so tiny and small, you could only fit one person at a time. I wonder what it must have been like to actually live there. I can see myself as a kid growing up in the castle, just tumbling down those stairs. Not something I wish on anybody, ha!

We then finished the day by making ourselves some delicious pasta and meatballs and then went out with a few friends. A perfect ending to a perfect day. So here are a few pictures and a video of our day. Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed our day!

 

No comments: