Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 18 - Rome, Italy

Today, we visited to Vatican. We bought our tickets online (again, I recommend everybody to do so), and then made our way on foot. After about an hour, we arrived at our destination. Let me just say that, regardless of if your religious or not, anyone who enjoys art and history in the slightness would probably enjoy the vatican museum and the Sistine Chapel. To get to the chapel, you have to visit the museum. Ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt are on the menu and you will have things to see for hours! However, they were smart in saving the chapel for last, as it is one of the most exquisite and breathtaking things I have ever seen in my entire life. We actually sat there for no less than an hour and simply looked up. I had read up on the paintings before coming here, and it definitely made the experience even more enjoyable, to know the story behind every painting. We were unfortunately not allowed to take pictures inside the Chapel, but I manage to sneak a ones, but not of the greatest quality.

 

 

No comments: