Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 31 - Paris, France

I spend day 31 firstly by waiting. In line. From 2 hours. In the hot sun AND some showers (which were actually welcome at that point). I was in line to go see the catacombs, the underground ossuary in Paris. Let me tell you that the wait, however, was worth it. This experience must have been my most creepy, eerie one yet, but also one of the coolest for sure! To think that the thousands of bones and skulls used to be part of actual humans centuries ago is mind blowing!

So for about 45 minutes, I walked and walked through a labyrinth with walls of bones and skulls of ancient deceased that when up to my neck. I had to walk down a spiral staircase that went I don't know how many meters in the ground. All I could think of was "man, I hope there's not an earthquake while I'm down there!" I think that, that scary feeling only made things even more exciting. And excited to be there I was! Never in my life would I have thought that I would enjoy being surrounded by bones so much!

 

No comments: