Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 21 - Pompeii, Italy

Today, we made our way down south to Pompeii. To be honest, I was a bit scared to go there, since I knew very little of the city. However, I was blown away by how much I loved this place immediately. Everybody seems so friendly and welcoming. Plus, it is so beautiful here, nestled in between mountains, volcanoes and the sea. The past and the future melt together as the new Pompeii has been rebuilt around the ancient ruined one.

We were also quite pleasantly surprised my out hostel. It is actually more of a hotel, in which there are dorm rooms. It almost feel like a mini resort. It appears to be family-run and let me tell you, never in my whole life have I eaten better food than here. I'm not very fond of cooked vegetables, but the salad that was served was simply exquisite! The cook actually went by us to go fetch fresh herbs from his garden! It was delectable! And the pasta! Oh my goodness, my taste buds were in heaven. I can honestly say that I don't have the words to describe how good it was! And of course, no picture will ever be able to represent how amazing it was.

 

No comments: