Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 32 - Paris, France

Today, I went to see the Louvre museum. I was there for four hours, and barely got to see half of it! The place is enormous!! Of course, I made my way towards the italian paintings section immediatly. I discovered quite a few that I really like while making my way to the Mona Lisa. It was actually really quite and not too busy for a saturday afternoon, but then I went around a wall and a big herd of people had gatthered. At first I didn't know what was going on, but then I saw it. THE painting. I actually didn't have the courage to venture into the sea of buzzing bees, so I took a picture from afar. The painting was much s,aller than I had expected. I had heard about it before, but I still didn't expect it to be so small. It was still beautiful nonetheless. Once I was able to capture a photo of it, I turned around to be greeted by the GIGANTIC painting of the wedding in Canaan. The details, the colours, the size...everything about that painting amazed me. The picture I took does not do it justice! One thing that I discovered while at the Louvre, is my appreciation for sculptures. There were so many of them! And so beautiful! I can't imagine the patience you must have to sculpt from a rock. It amazes me! All the little details, everything is so perfectly done. Each statue left my in complete awe.

 

No comments: