Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 26 - Italy, Switzerland, France

We lifted off Rome's ground at 7:25am. The flight itself was uneventful, except for when we flew over the Swiss Alps. Never in my life have I seen something so majestic! It's just miles of pure nature and beautiful mountains topped with snow. It was simply breathtaking. From the sky, we got to see parts of Switzerland. This country is so beautiful. It is now on my next bucket list of countries to visit when I'm back in Europe. I have been thinking for a while now about getting some information about teaching in international schools there, since it's a european country where french is spoken, but I had never really taken the time to actually also consider the beauty of it's nature.

We made a half hour connection in Zurich, and then took off for Paris. To put you into context of how I was feeling, imagine hearing about how good chocolate (or whatever is your favorite thing to eat is) is all your life, and then finally be able to taste it... That's pretty much how I felt about seeing Paris, only times a thousand. In the airplane, I had told myself that I didn't want to see the tower from the air...I wanted to save it for when I was actually near it. Didn't happen. As soon as I saw the cluster of houses and buildings, I realized we were flying over Paris. Like a moth attracted the light, my eyes immediately searched for the tower. At this point, I had had maybe 3 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours, so I was easily emotional. I had shivers running up and down my body as I located the Seine... My eyes then simply followed its path until I saw it... The Eiffel Tower. It was tiny from my point of view, but it was there. My heart sped up and of course, I couldn't contain my tears. This was it. It's THE moment. I was in Paris. Finally...

 

 

No comments: