Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Patience

What is patience?

Patience is like having 25$ in your pockets and having to choose between your dream skirt, which costs 50$, or a cheaper-not-as-nice-but-will-still-do-the-trick skirt for 20$. Which one do you go for? Do you go for the easy quick fix and buy the cheapest skirt, or do you keep on saving your money for the one you've been eyeing since forever. Do you buy the skirt that will probably fall apart within a few months, or do you wait to buy the higher quality one that will last much longer?

I consider myself to be a patient person, or at least, I am patient with others. I've always had a calm personality, it's just who I am. However, in the rare cases I loose patience, it's usually at myself. Yes, I drive myself crazy. I have a hard time waiting for something I really want. If I want a certain job, I want to find it now. If I'm interested in someone, I want to start seeing them now. If I want to buy something, I have to buy it now. When I want something, I like to get it right away, which is why I tend to go for the cheapest skirt, so I that I can get that instant gratification.

However, I have to keep in mind that it may be better to wait and save up for the 50$ skirt, because it is better quality, it will probably last longer and therefore, it is a better investment. While that "Go get it" attitude has gotten me far in life, I have to learn to be patient. Not everything can be acquired right away. It may really suck to have to wait for things (love, job, etc.), but just keep telling yourself that when whatever it is you're waiting for finally arrives, it'll just make you appreciate it much more. Plus, I find it is always more rewarding to enjoy something that you've worked really hard for. I guess that the lesson I am trying to make is that good things really do come to those who wait, don't you think?


Yours truly, Bien à vous,

No comments: