Thursday, December 27, 2012

And so it begins...again

Have I ever mentioned just how much I hate winter? The cold, the snow, the wind, the cold, the SNOW!

Well here I am again, at the airport, waiting for my flight that will bring me to Dublin. Actually, I first have to make a stop in Philadelphia, and then, I'll be on my way to Dublin. Simple enough, right? Right!? Unfortunately, this is where Mother Nature comes in and BAM! Snow storm!  This resulted in a canceled flight, then a delayed flight and then waiting, waiting and more waiting.

However, I cannot bring myself to be displeased...or at least extremely displeased. Yes, I should be on my way to Philadelphia as we speak, but why should I stress myself out with things that are out of my control? I'm trying to keep my mind set on the fact that despite the fact that I don't know how or when, I will make it to Dublin. And really, that's all that I need to know.

****


Ai-je jamais dit à quel point je déteste l'hiver? Le froid, la neige, le vent, le froid, la NEIGE!

Et bien me voici de nouveau à l'aéroport, attendant mon vol qui va m'amener à Dublin. En fait, je dois d'abord m'arrêter en Philadelphie, et ensuite je vais m'envoler vers Dublin. Assez simple, oui? Oui!? Malheureusement, c'est ici que Dame nature fait son entrée et BAM! Tempête de neige! Cela me laisse donc avec une annulation de vol, puis un vol retardé, puis l'attente, l'attente et encore l'attente.

Cependant, je ne peux pas me résoudre à être mécontente... ou du moins très mécontente. Oui, je devrais être sur mon chemin à Philadelphie en ce moment, mais pourquoi devrais-je me stresser avec des choses qui sont hors de mon contrôle? J'essaie de garder en tête que malgré le fait que je ne sache pas comment ni quand, je vais me rendre à Dublin. Et vraiment, c'est tout ce que j'ai besoin de savoir.


Yours truly, Bien à vous,

No comments: