Monday, April 20, 2015

My first ipsy bag


   I'm a sucker for beauty boxes, there is no doubt about it. I've tried out a few boxes and have always been pleasantly surprised by them. So when I saw on Facebook that many of my friends were posting links to ipsy, I decided to try it out. 

     The whole process of signing up and "getting off the wait list" was actually almost a deal breaker for me. I was required to post links on Facebook, send 10 invites to people through Facebook messenger, like Instragram and Youtube accounts... This was all about social media and getting the word about ipsy out there. However, I sucked it up and did everything I had to do to get my first box as soon as possible (including sending an apologetic message with my invites explaining to my friends that they didn't actually have to do or read anything). 

     And then came the waiting process. I joined ipsy around this time last month, but they didn't actually take my payment until a couple weeks later. For the past two weeks, I kept an eye on my profile to figure out when I'd be getting my package, but only kept seeing other people posting pictures of their products that they had already received. And then, I was notified of which products I'd actually be getting, so that completely killed the surprise for me. However, after weeks and weeks of waiting, I finally got that notification telling me that there was a package for me at the post office.

     At first, I was a bit put off by the packaging. Being an avid lover of monthly beauty boxes, I always look forward to the nice box (that I can then keep afterwards as storage) with all the brand new beauty products inside. However, when I first saw the pink bubble wrapper bag, I thought there had been a mistake. However, upon looking inside, I realised it was my ipsy products. The makeup bag and products themselves are really nice and I especially love the perfume, but the experience so far had not been what I was expecting. After getting over the packaging issue however, I was able to appreciate fully this month's loot. 

     So this month's theme was Beautiful Bohemian. I received a full size, lovely shade of blush in Tango  by HIKARI. I then got a divine eau de parfum in Sophisticated & Sensual  by Aromachology. Also included was a cheeky eyeshadow in Flirty from the Nude Dude collection by theBalm. Finally, I also got a lipgloss from Starlooks in Cuddle and a facial serum by hey honey.

     All together, despite the few minor issues, I still really did enjoy this month's beauty products. Next month, I'll simply have to be a bit more patient and not go on my profile so as to not find out which products I will receive next.

     If you're interested in joining ipsy,click on this link. They currently only ship to Canada and the U.S., but they might ship outside of those regions later on.

     Are you an ipsy client? What are your thoughts on the whole joining process and the products you receive?

Yours truly, Bien la vôtre,



No comments: