Friday, February 20, 2015

Dreams

Sometimes, things don’t turn out the way we planned… or wanted… or hoped. Sometimes, dreams are meant to be just that… dreams. Unfortunately, when dreams come true, there is always a chance that the reality of it will is just not be what you expected. I’ve been putting off telling people this because sadly, my dream vision of teaching in Europe did not reflect the reality of it and because of that, I was not prepared for the challenges and the pressures that involved teaching in a different culture and system. Because of that, I feel like I failed. Thankfully, I have an amazing fiancé and wonderful family and friends that have made me realise that what matters is not the fact that I was able to stay here in England until the end of the school year, but rather that I tried. I tried teaching and living in the UK and while it may not have been what I expected, it was certainly a learning experience, one that will definitely help me become a superb teacher someday! I tried and I know, now more than ever, that we are so extremely lucky to have such a wonderful educational system in Canada. Teaching in the UK has definitely opened up my eyes and my mind and I now cannot wait to have my very own class back home! After more than two years of traveling and living abroad, I’m ready for a new adventure...I’m ready to come back home :) 

No comments: