Monday, July 14, 2014

Brocade & Lime

This weekend as I was out for a morning stroll down Cornmarket Street in Cork, I walked for the hundred time in front of a vintage inspired clothing store, and just like every single time I pass it, I stopped for a few seconds to drool over the dresses in the window. However, this time, my guy pushed me ahead and told me to go inside and have a look, to take as much time as I wanted, and that he would wait for me outside. A man encouraging me to shop AND offering to wait while I "take my time" doing so? How did I get so lucky!?

So I opened the door (which had a tiny bell attached to it and made the cutest sound) and walked into paradise...

I was welcomed by two gorgeous young ladies all dressed in 50's attire: the victory rolls, the red lipstick, the perles... They were a vision of vintage perfection! 

While at first glance the store might look small, there is actually a back area and a second floor. Even thought the entrance room doesn't seem to have a lot in it, I did spend more than 20 minutes looking at each and every piece of clothing, one more gorgeous than the other. On top of dresses, tops, and skirts, they also had hats in stock and the most beautiful shoes I have ever seen. One paire in particular grabbed my attention and I have every intention of returning for them! 

What I did not expect from Brocade & Lime was the other services they offered. Not only will you find clothing and accessories to die for, but you can also go there for an afternoon tea, watch black and white movies in the courtyard, be made up into a 1950's vixen, and have your hair and makeup done by artists trained in vintage beauty styling. They even offer bridal packages which include champagne, hair and makeup, movie, cupcakes, and an unforgettable experience for the bride and her girlfriends.

You can find more information on this gem of a store on their website at brocadeandlime.ie and their Facebook page.





No comments: