Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 1 - Dublin, Ireland

For the sake of saving some time (I do need to sleep), my posts will be written in english, but if and when I post little videos, they will be mostly in french.

 

So! Day 1 in Europe proved to be quite the adventure. If this is a preview of what's to come, I'm almost scared...just kidding...well just a little. It all started with my flight from Canada being delayed by 2 hours, which made it so that my connecting flight to Dublin had to be changed. However, despite running (and taking a bus AND an air train) through the Frankfurt airport ( it is HUGE by the way!), I got to my gate just a few minutes late. The lady ( who was extremely sweet to me as she could probably tell I was on the verge of bursting into tears....hey! I'm sleep deprived here) explained to me how to get a new boarding pass. Long story short, after wondering around for about an hour and a half and getting lost at least three times, I finally got myself a brand new boarding pass and am now waiting patiently for 4 o'clock to come...it's just past noon.

If there is one thing that I learned from my first day abroad, it's that the world is extremely small ( I met a couple from a city at about 30 minutes from where I grew up and a girl from even closer), and that I should not be afraid to ask for help.

I finally board the plane and we take of for Ireland. The two hours fight actually went by pretty fast, since I was going in and out of sleep. As one moment, I caught a glimpse of an island off the coast of Dublin and I actually had tears in my eyes. Never have I so strongly felt about a dream of mine and have officially realized it.

Passport control was a real pain in the ***, but and hour and a half after landing in Dublin, I was picking up my backpack and hugging my bestest friend, who had waited for me THE WHOLE DAY at the airport. The 15 minutes of cab ride to our hostels was full of "OH MY GODS,", " I can't believe your finally here", "I can't believe I'm finally here", and "we're going to have so much fun!".

 

And fun we did have. We quickly changed and met up with some of Mireille's friends for a "hen's party practice". We danced the night away and had fun... So much so that despit my jet lag, we stayed up until past midnight.

I unfortunatly don't have any pictures to post immediatly, but will have some soon.

Yours truly, Bien à vous,

Martine

 

No comments: