Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 2 - Glendalough, Ireland

How much good can a good night of sleep do? A lot! We woke up bright and early this morning to get ready to walk to the bus stop (by the way, I packed waaayy too many things! My backpack felt like a ton) and head over to Glendalough. The scenery on the way there was marvelous! Beautiful green pastures full of sheep and cows! My parents would have loved it!

When we finally got to out destination, the lovely people from the information center gave us directions to our hostels and we were on our way. Once we were all settled in, we got ready and took off for our day's activity.

Not too far (in general) from our hostel is Wicklow mountain. I added in general because by car, it would maybe take five minutes to get to where we went. However, hiking there is a whole other story. There was at least a gazillion stairs to climb and a thousand kilometers to do (I'm not exaggerating one bit ! ;) . But despite the five hours long hike, or the fact that I could barely feel my legs and that I nearly fell asleep in my macaroni bowl once we got back, it was worth it.

Never have I seen such a beautiful scene. You can judge for yourself, but I'm pretty sure it's nature at it's best.

 



 

2 comments:

Doro said...

Great little movie, keep it up :D

Philippe said...

Hey Martine ! Ton sourire en dit beaucoup ... Amuse-toi bien et profite de chaque moment.
Philippe xox